Dr Peter Frampton17/04/2017
Dr Peter Frampton DOptom MSc FCOptom BAppSc(Optom)(AUS) DipTp(AS) DipTp(SP) DipTP(IP)
After achieving a BSc in Australian Environmetal Studies in 1980 Peter went on to study Optometry at QUT Brisbane, Australia. BAppSc(Optom) was awarded in 1985.
Peter moved to Britain in 1986 and after working for the business, took ownership of Aaron’s in 1993.
Peter and Aaron’s has won numerous awards:
- Peter was the first ever recipient to win ‘Optometrist of the Year’
- In the same year, Aaron’s also won ‘Technology Practice of the Year’
- Aaron’s have also won two NHS Care Trust ‘Innovation in Practice’ awards.
Advancing the role of community based Optometry has been a driving commitment of Peter and the practice, reflected by ongoing education.
- A Master’s Degree (with Distinction) – specialising in ocular therapeutics – was gained from Bradford University.
- In the first group to start prescribing qualifications.
- In 2009, achieved ‘Additional Supply’ and ‘Supplementary Prescribing’ status and was one of the first 30 Optometrists in the UK to pass the ‘Independent Prescriber’ common assessment in the same year.
- In 2011, was made a ‘Fellow’ of the College of Optometrists. The citation reads: ‘In recognition of his commitment to clinical excellence’.
- Also in 2011, made an honorary lecturer at Manchester university, as well as Aaron’s being one of only 3 community practices in the UK to mentor the ‘Masters of Optometry’ students. A great honour as these students will be the educators of the future.
- In 2017, after 6 years, was awarded the title Doctor. His doctoral thesis was on Glaucoma and Tonometry.